Photography can be one of the most crucial aspects of a campaign. Ultimately, some campaigns are literally all about the photos and would not work without them. It is crucial, therefore, to spend the dollars up front to get good, strong imagery. It is one of the most important items for marketing. Take the time, spend the money, choose your models, and plan your photo list so that you can build a photo library that is consistent and truly shows off your product or property.
1) Work with your designer to determine the photo needs and develop a list.
2) Determine a budget to determine how many photos on your list can be done effectively.
3) Determine the style of the photos, then select your photographer based on that style. The most expensive is not necessarily the best, nor is the least expensive best site. Also, some photographers can shoot video as well as still. Consider adding video for future needs.
4) If you need people in your images, choose models that fit your demographic. Decide what type of models to use as far as age, general look, sex, and the number of models needed. And keep in mind that if you are using multiple photos, you will need different models in the shoots.
5) Coordinate clothing, location, and general “attitude of the” of the models so the photos convey what you & your designer pre-determined.
6) Be available during the shoot to make certain the photographer clearly understands your needs and is capturing the style & the photos you want for your library.
I find photoshoots to be one of the most time intensive projects to coordinate. If possible, I highly recommend hiring an agency, such as smith+jones, to develop and manage the shoot. In the end, the amount of time & energy it saves to use a professional agency will seem very worth it!